Monday, January 19, 2009

We Are The SAMs

Sam. Samantha Jones. For many women across the world, this Sex and the City name inspires images of confidence, insatiable sex drive, attractive men, power, and independence. For me and my two best friends, the term SAM came to mean much, much more.

It started with a simple night in the hot tub at Alex's, where we discussed our similarity to and love for the Samantha character in Sex and the City. I always truly believed that I would, in 20 or 30 years, find myself in a position in life very similar to that of Sam. The idea of marriage or serious commitment has always rubbed me in the wrong way, and I truly felt that I would never be the type of person that belonged in a relationship.
C and A steadily agreed, and even went so far as to say that we could sometimes be...well...in some people's opinions a little slutty. We were obviously all the Samantha's in the Sex and the City cast of our lives. Furthermore, we initially included our dear friend Steven in this SAM group, and consequently realized that Sam also conveniently stood for Sluts And Man (C, A, and myself being the sluts, and S, naturally, our man). And thus, the SAMs were created, and here on this blog you will find our stories.

xoxo
The SAMs.

No comments:

Post a Comment